Para los que creían que el junte de Samsung había acabado, pues tenemos nuevos productos de camino con este junte que posiblemente esté de renovar o por acabar.
Google a través de su blog anuncio la llegada y disponibilidad de la próxima generación del Chrome OS en el nuevo equipo Chromebook diseñado en conjunto con Samsung y adicional, tendremos una versión para televisión con el nuevo Chromebox.
Next step in the Chrome OS journey
Last year we announced
a new kind of computer
This is the next step
All of you haiku fans (like many of us on the Chrome team) can stop here; the rest can read on for more details.
A year ago we introduced a new model of computing with the launch of Chromebooks. We’ve heard from many of you who’ve enjoyed the speed, simplicity and security of your Chromebooks at home, at school or at work. (Thanks for all the wonderful feedback and stories!) Today, we wanted to share some developments with you—new hardware, a major software update and many more robust apps—as we continue on our journey to make computers much better.
Our partner Samsung has just announced a new Chromebook and the industry’s first Chromebox. Like its predecessor, the newest Chromebook is a fast and portable laptop for everyday users. The Chromebox is a compact, powerful and versatile desktop perfect for the home or office.
Speed is integral to the Chrome experience. The new Chromebook and Chromebox, based on Intel Core processors, are nearly three times as fast as the first-generation Chromebooks. And support for hardware-accelerated graphics, a built-from-scratch multi-touch trackpad and an open-source firmware stack provide a much faster and more responsive computing experience. The new Chromebook boots in less than seven seconds and resumes instantly. With the Chromebox, you can be on a video conference while continuing to play your favorite role-playing game on the side.
An app-centric user interface
With the new user interface you can easily find and launch apps, and use them alongside your browser or other apps. You can pin commonly-used apps for quick access, display multiple windows side-by-side or experience your favorite apps in full-screen mode without any distractions.
Be much more productive…or not
- Get more stuff done, online or offline: With the built-in ability to view Microsoft Office files and dozens of the most common file formats, you can access all your content without the hassle of installing additional software. Google Drive makes it easy to create, store and share with just one click. Drive will be seamlessly integrated with the File Manager and support offline access with the next release of Chrome OS in six weeks. With Google Docs offline support (rolling out over the next few weeks), you can keep working on your documents even when offline and seamlessly sync back up when you re-connect. In addition, there are hundreds of offline-capable web apps in the Chrome Web Store.
- Have more fun: The revamped media player and a built-in photo editor and uploader enable you to easily play and manage your personal media collections. Through the Chrome Web Store, you can access entertainment apps such as Google Play, Netflix, Kindle Cloud Reader and Pandora, and thousands of games including popular games like Angry Birds and console titles such as Bastion.
- Carry your other computers…inside your Chromebook: With Chrome Remote Desktop Beta, you can now securely connect to your PC or Mac from your Chromebook or Chromebox. With the underlying VP8 technology, it’s almost like you’re in front of your other computers in real time.
The (always) new computer
We’ve released eight stable updates over the past year, adding a number of major features and hundreds of improvements to all Chromebooks through our seamless auto-update mechanism. There’s a lot more on the way, so all you need to do is sit back and enjoy the benefits of the (always) new computer.
For those who want to try the Chromebook and Chromebox first-hand, we’re expanding the Chrome Zone experience centers. In the U.S., Chromebooks will be available to try out in select Best Buy stores in the coming weeks. In the U.K., they’re now available in a growing list of PC World and Currys stores.
Starting today, you can get the new Chromebook and Chromebox from our online retail partners in the U.S. and U.K., and in other select countries over the coming weeks.
Posted by Linus Upson, Vice President, Engineering and Caesar Sengupta, Director of Product Management
El nuevo Chromebook 5de Samsung el Series 5 550 cuenta con:
- Procesador Intel Atom N570 1.66GHz
- RAM de 2GB con DDR3
- Disco duro de 16GB
- Pantalla de 12.1″
- Bateria con 6.5 Horas de vida
- Google Chrome OS
- Negra o Blanca
- Wi-Fi o conexión 3G.
Mientras que el Chromebox incluye:
- Procesador Intel Celeron Dual-Core B840 1.9GHz
- RAM de 4GB con DDR3
- 16GB SSD
- Google Chrome
El Chromebook 5 de Samsung está disponible a un precio de $349.99 mientras que el Chromebox estará a $329.99 desde ahora disponible a través de Amazon, Tiger Direct, Best Buy (dudo mucho que en tiendas locales) y NewEgg, todos en internet.
Se rumora que todavía está pendiente el lanzamiento de un segundo Chromebox, esta vez con Intel i5 Core de 2.5GHz a $499.99.